Wellington Saturday October 13th sunrise – sunset
In partnership with Sony New Zealand I’m pleased to present a series of full day landscape photography workshops. These provide the perfect opportunity to pass on the skills I’ve learnt to those who are looking to advance their photography.
There comes a point where everyone gets stuck or blocked, not knowing what comes next or how to progress to a new level of technical or creative expertise, we call this the hole. The problem is, often we don’t know, what we don’t know – sound familiar? In this full day, sunrise to sunset photography workshop my goal is help you out of that hole and on your way towards reaching new heights through a mix of field and classroom teachings. I’ll be breaking apart every element of what I do including the entire process I go through with my photos of planning, preparing, shooting, and editing. I’ll also be going over social media management, pitching potential clients, and a bunch of other pro tips and hacks that have made my job easier and heaps more!
This workshop will include:
- A sunrise shoot somewhere local. This will be an opportunity for us to start the day right by shooting together, making friends, enjoying nature, and capturing a few cool photos to start the day.
- Breakfast + Coffee, following sunrise we’ll all be heading to the Aston Norwood Cafe & Function Centre for breakfast and coffee before we get into the teaching
- Classroom session, this is where I’ll be breaking down what it means to be a landscape photographer and give you tips on how to get from where you are, to where you want to be. Topics covered will include: how to plan your shots like a pro, composition, editing + Lightroom hacks, maximising social media, how to pitch potential clients, understanding light, gear selection, getting the most out of your camera, Q&A and heaps more.
- A sunset shoot somewhere local. This is the perfect way to put into practice what we’ve learnt throughout the day in a real world shooting situation.
In addition all participants will receive:
- A signed copy of my landscape photography book.
- The opportunity to try some of the latest Sony cameras and lenses.
- An exclusive promo code that can be used to purchase Sony camera equipment at a discounted rate.
- One lucky participant at each workshop will win a free download of PhotoPills!
- Access to my private Facebook group where you can ask questions, share recent work, and get feedback on your images.
You will receive an email closer to the date with exact information regarding locations and timings. This is a full day workshop (roughly 14 hours roughly 6-8) and you should be prepared to shoot both sunrise and sunset, you will need your own transport, I encourage you to carpool with others coming. These workshops will go on regardless of weather, where possible I will endeavor to add a replacement practical session the day before or after. The information in this workshop is suitable for photographers of all levels however it will be assumed that you understand shooting in manual as this will not be covered in this workshop. All locations will be easy to access and only require average fitness.